Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Lover is...Known as a Lover

I've done a good bit of thinking about this aspect of a Healthy American Woman, primarily because it is (perhaps) my weakest link.

If you're like me, you know that your genetics, family of origin, and personality play into who you are and how you act on any given day, therefore it is imperative that we keep in front of us (throughout each day, week, month, year) this one thought:

Above all, I represent the living, loving God (by/with) my thoughts, words and actions.  In John 13:35, Jesus said, "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

When/if we remember that we are proving, by our love for one another, that we are the Lord's followers, friends, and co-laborers in the Gospel, we are given a pure motivation to think, speak, and act like...lovers:)!

What does this mean to you?

More on the call...

Be encouraged,

Becky

4 comments:

  1. Well, I dont like conflict and I dont have much of a temper, but let someone upset me (like at the bank, or something) and I can be quite surprised at my words and attitudes. Which of course shows the love of God to no one.
    Please don't send any door mats.....that was kind of funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,

    I was given a t-shirt the said "I serve a Living Christ" and have never warn it outside of my house.

    So, yes I need more of that LOVE the only God can give.

    It's much too easy to LOVE those who are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mickey you are too cute. Powerful words "I represent the living, loving God.
    Much to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our former lecture person at BSF, used to ask us to ask ourselves: Do my attitudes, actions and reaction reflect what I say I believe about Jesus.......

    ReplyDelete