I want to encourage you to use your hands to heal people:
(1) Lay your hands on those who are hurting--emotionally, physically, or spiritually. Your gentle, warm hands are an extension of God's love and presence. Whether you pray aloud or simply put your arm around a shoulder, your hands can become God's source of healing.
(2) Lift a hand for those who are hurting. So often those who need the most help have no one to help them do small, but important things such as clean a refrigerator or closet, or mail packages. When we help people with our hands, we extend God's love toward them in tangible ways. Lifting their burdens, lifts their spirits and turns people to God, the ultimate Healer.
Share the way your hands have been healers for others--strangers or family or friends. If you can't think of or remember a time, look for a way to extend your healing hands this week and share your experience in a post.
Be encouraged,
Becky
YES!!! There is nothing more beautiful then lifting my hands and crying out for someone's salvation and getting to lift my hands later in praise when they recieve that gift!!!
ReplyDeleteI've prayed with hands high for my younger brother for years...and this year I've been able to praising the Lord for his recommitment to Christ and baptism!!!
I am in agreement as well! Hands touch and hold and heal - all Biblical. The laying on of hands for healing, for annointing, for praying, for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I have felt the presence of the Spirit in my hands many times when praying for others or when I have been prayed over. It is a powerful God encounter. And lifted hands in praise to our God, higher and higher - all in scripture.
ReplyDeleteI must recommend a teaching by Joyce Meyer that God is using to speak faith and boldness into my life. It is called "Speaking the Truth
Putting God's word to work in Your Everyday Life" It is a teaching CD and 28 topic cards with scripture that is for $8.00 on her website. Look it up under the bookstore search. This is a Christmas gift for all of us please, please consider buying it - I thought of all of us in this group and believing in our hearts, and confessing with our mouth, God's word...the POWER of GOD at work in our lives. He is FAITHFUL Becky, I know you have a dream of being on TV please get this teaching! It is not anything hokey at all, the spoken word of God, outloud, daily for ourselves, our loved ones. Remember the dry bones...Ezekiel? Remember what David spoke to Goliath? OK then...it is time!
Thank you, each of you, for always encouraging me with your faith and your prayers and your words! B
ReplyDeleteAt first when I read this weeks post I thought of the times that I was on the receiving end of Hands. Two experiences came to my mind: One, 15 years ago a group of strangers laid hands on me for healing of my cancer. Two, while I was going through chemotherapy a stranger offered to wrap our christmas gifts. Her hands gave my children normalcy. They were used to their mother's gifts being wrapped beautifully, not just thrown in a bag.
ReplyDeleteYesterday, while gardening, I asked God how I could be hands this year.
You won't believe how he answered me, to be continued...........
Way to tease us Robbie! B
ReplyDeleteHave you seen that Pier One commercial...."I'm a hugger." And I guess I am, but only with people who wont be too put off by it.
ReplyDeleteOne other incident comes to mind:
A few years back, I was in the restroom at church and a lady was in there crying and very upset. It was clear she needed some mential help, and I needed a pastor. All the other ladies ignored her. I put my hands on hers and boldly prayed for her. I know God calmed her enough that I was able to leave her for a minute, run into the hall and get help for her.
I dont know what makes me remember this now but I do.
On another note, thanks to this group again for being so real. You know, lots of groups are not like that. It's like it's a major flaw for Christian women to be honest. I dont get it. I dont think God ever intended it that way.
Bless all of you for your sharing.
Laura, love that you were hands for that woman in the restroom. I want to be more like that. My question for God is where do you want to use my hands? I had cut a big bouquet of flowers, Hmn who should I give these to when the thought of my unfriendly neighbor came to me, take them over to her. So, I was walking over to her house when I noticed another neighbor, who I stopped to talk to. She is a young widow and is in the process of selling her house. I told her that I had just been praying how I could be hands to someone and there she was. I offered to help pack, clean, or sort. I told her about the group and our assignment this week and she was the recipient of my hands. It felt so much like a God moment. She doesn't know our Lord, exciting to open the door for her future in eternity. Give Hope. The flowers they stayed in my hands the neighbor who they were for never answered her door.
ReplyDeleteGod has been working on me as a leader, lover, and healer. I am amazed at the change.
People need our hands, like the girl on the plane that I held and prayed for because she was scared. Opportunities to be like Jesus. Pretty amazing.
WOWwowwowwowthank you Lord. Thank you Robbie for sharing. God is good when we ask, He answers and then when we step out in faith, He is faithful to work through us. Amazing is our God!
ReplyDeleteYesterday, my hands held a precious sister in Christ who is going through the same challenges that I am going through. It was an answer to prayer that He set aside time for us to be together and talk. As I held her, she wept tears that I have wept over and over and I could only think of my arms and hands being the healing touch of Jesus, without saying a word. It was a divine appointment. Now, we have each other to encourage and pray for and hold accountable. Thank you Lord, You are so good!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you Becky for encouraging us to read the book of Luke. The Spirit is at work in each chapter, in my heart. What a blessing to read.
A praise...we could have had a terrible fire here.
ReplyDeleteAn outlet in our wood paneled den caught fire this morning. Praise God we got the power turned off and it went out, but our wood wall was very very hot. We rarely use the outlet, but plug a fireplace blower into it when we burn the fireplace. We are so lucky that we didnt have a fire.
The man who came gave us a huge price break on the repair, and was very quick to get here.
Thank you God, that is all I can say.
Wow Laura! Thank God you were home. Can't even imagine the feeling you had when you saw the fire. Thank you Lord for your presence and protection over Laura and her family!
ReplyDelete